If you scan through all the available techniques to evaluate the health of a rotating machine, you will find the vibration monitoring sensor is the most recognized method. Most industries rely on this method to determine the state of rotating equipment. Now, you might be wondering why is there a need for a vibration monitoring sensor. The answer is easy: to effectively cut down the cost of machine repair, loss of production, problems in quality and many other negative effects that can degrade the machine condition. Therefore, using a vibration sensor is well justified to save both money and time.
In the Market, you will find a wide range of vibration sensors. So, it can be really difficult to find the best condition monitoring system if you are not familiar with the system as there are various factors and need expertise for that. Following mentioned are five points that can help you make the best decision when you are looking for a vibration sensor.
- The first rule is that you should always buy with the companies and suppliers that offer ‘Made in Japan’ systems as the world know, Japan is the best of all in terms of greatest technology. Doing so will make sure that the quality of the sensor will be best for your vibration monitoring.
- Always chose a company that provides rugged machines with top quality and the best customer care service. The company should provide you with long-term and short-term support both, which will include the initial installation of the machine, analysis of the machine, and vibration.
- If you require data of the overall output, you should buy a vibration system that provides vibration outputs for the X, Y, and Z axis in acceleration. You can also buy a system that can provide the output of temperature in addition to vibration outputs for the X, Y, and Z axis.
- The feature of automatic calibration verification and diagnostic should be in the machine.
- It is advisable to purchase a monitoring machine that comes with universal mounting, meaning it can be mounted on any axis and any orientation
In addition to the above said points, you should make sure that whichever vibration sensor or vibration system you are going to buy comes with the smart addressable microprocessor for onboard signal conditioning, velocity, displacement or impact to detect unsteadiness, multi colour sensor LED etc. The answer is simple: to cut down the cost of machine repair, production loss. If you take care of all mentioned things, your you will surely buy a top-quality vibration sensor. You must remember that a monitoring machine saves a lot of money by getting prepared before the breakdown of machine & time of repairing the machine. So, you should not leave any stone unturned when it comes to buying a high-quality machine.
New World Horizon is a leading supplier of vibration sensors, condition monitors and Analysis & Diagnostic Systems etc. and an “authorized distributor” of “Shinkawa Electric (Japan)” which comprises of all above 5 major requirements to be a perfect Condition monitoring/Vibration Analysis system for your valuable plants.